Installation on Windows systems
Table of Contents
- Windows Installer (PHP 5.1.0 and earlier)
- Windows Installer (PHP 5.2 and later)
- Manual Installation Steps
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft IIS 5.1 and IIS 6.0
- Microsoft IIS 7.0 and later
- Apache 1.3.x on Microsoft Windows
- Apache 2.x on Microsoft Windows
- Sun, iPlanet and Netscape servers on Microsoft Windows
- Sambar Server on Microsoft Windows
- Xitami on Microsoft Windows
- Building from source
- Installation of extensions on Windows
- Command Line PHP on Microsoft Windows
This section applies to Windows 98/Me and Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. PHP will not work on 16 bit platforms such as Windows 3.1 and sometimes we refer to the supported Windows platforms as Win32.
Windows 98/Me/NT4 is no longer supported as of PHP 5.3.0.
Windows 95 is no longer supported as of PHP 4.3.0.
If you have a development environment such as Microsoft Visual Studio, you can also build PHP from the original source code.
Once you have PHP installed on your Windows system, you may also want to load various extensions for added functionality.
There are several all-in-one installers over the Internet, but none of those are endorsed by PHP.net, as we believe that using one of the official Windows packages from » http://www.php.net/downloads.php is the best choice to have your system secure and optimized.